The position is part-time, averaging 20 hours per week and requiring solid interpersonal, administrative and technological skills as well as the ability to work independently and think creatively. The hours are flexible and the work is from home.
- Perform administrative functions such as management of the organization, filing, bookkeeping, financial reporting, budgeting and data management
- Oversee/develop/implement fundraising efforts, grants, etc.
- Communicate with board members, donors, media, BLM and other interested parties
- Facilitate FOAL-sponsored educational events
- Coordinate the publication and distribution of various mailings, such as two newsletters per year and the holiday card
- Represent FOAL at public functions pertaining to our issues
- Promote media coverage of FOAL events and projects
- Meet every month with the board, providing monthly reports about accomplishments, contacts made, financials, etc.
- Demonstrate a passion for the wild horses and their landscape
Desirable, but not mandatory, attributes: grant-writing skills; experience with a nonprofit; social-media savvy; web design.
The ED works for a board of dedicated, dynamic individuals who are committed to the wild horses and their landscape.
Please send your resume to FOAL, Attn: Mary Scuffham, P.O. Box 1043, Cody, WY 82414