Dear FOAL Supporter,
Thank you for signing up to receive email and/or mailed updates from our organization. As you know, FOAL works to protect and preserve the wild horses of the McCullough Peaks.
Follow the Herd!
A few of our accomplishments include:
- Leading a campaign for the state to designate a stretch of US 14-16-20 as “Wild Horse Highway.”
- Building an interpretive trail with informational signs for visitors’ enrichment and knowledge.
- Designing and constructing an educational kiosk on the FOAL property.
- Supporting the BLM’s fertility control program with the goal to balance herd growth with natural attrition, to mitigate the need for physically and socially disruptive roundups and gathers.
- Initiating a 10-year project called the “Living Waters Initiative,” with the goal of helping to rebuild and restore water reservoirs throughout the herd management area.
We so appreciate your interest in learning more about the wild horses of the McCullough Peaks and look forward to sharing occasional updates with you! Don’t worry. We won’t flood your mailbox or sell your address to another party.
Heather Green, FOAL Executive Director